# User management
# Adding users
To add a new user, do the following:
- Click on "Users" under "Admin tools"
- Enter your password to enter the administrative mode
- Click on the plus sign named "New"
- Fill out the email (username), name, password, and applicable roles, see "User Roles" below for details
- Save and close
Make sure to inform the newly created user to change password immediately
# User roles
There are currently two roles assignable to a user:
This is a normal user without management rights. A user has the following rights:
- Add / remove a repository
- Create commits
- Upload dependency files
- Creating repository tags
- With the "Access scope" checked, a user also has access to the open API
Here, the user has admin rights which grants management rights, such as
- Adding / removing users
- Adding integrations to CI and ticket systems
- Access to the open API
# Editing users
In the "Users" panel (see above), click the pen icon furthest to the right for the specific user to edit.
This shows the user information such as
To temporarily deactivate a user account, change status from "Active" to "Deactivated". To completely remove the account, click "Delete user".