# About automation
Here, we explain the more technical details about the automation engine, and how it works behind the scenes.
# Condition precedents
Rules can incorporate multiple OR and AND conditions. When using multiple conditions, the following precedents are applied:
- AND conditions inherit previous if or OR condition
- OR conditions do not inherit the previous if or OR condition
This means that creating a rule where a new dependency contains a vulnerability where:
- CVSS is at least high AND
- DebAI is at least 70
can be done with 3 rows, compared to a rule where a new dependency contains:
- a vulnerability where CVSS is at least high OR
- DebAI is at least 70 requires 4 rows.
If we try to construct the second rule using only 3 rows the rule will check for vulnerabilities where DebAI is at least low amongst existing dependencies.